Roadway lifting and stabilization services
EagleLIFT has provided roadway lifting and stabilization services for municipalities and Department of Transportation ( DOT ) departments in California and Nevada for the last 15 years. We approach roadway repair through a unique approach for soil compaction and stabilization.
Poor base and subgrade soils can wreak havoc on a roadway, causing a variety of issues such as cracking, rutting and severe pavement settlement. The root of the soil degradation could be caused by:
- Improperly compacted soils under the roadway
- Water infiltration through pavement cracks causing soil washout
- Roadway widening that did not address soil conditions for new design
- Heavier loads than originally design allowed for
- Failing sewer systems underneath the pavement causing soil loss
We have helped innovate Chemical Grout Deep Injection for road leveling for a variety of pavement types, including both flexible pavement and rigid pavement. We do this by densifying and compacting the base and subgrade support soils by injecting a high density, water resistant expansive structural polymer.
The process works by injecting the high-density, structural polymer grout into the base soils through 1/2” steel tubes. Once injected, the two-part polymer permeates the aggregate and ballasts. Traveling the path of least resistance, it then begins to expand and bind the aggregate together into a weight-bearing monolith. As a Class A Engineering Contractor, EagleLIFT stands apart from our competitors by utilizing efficient, cost-effective, environmentally neutral technologies that produce enduring results.
- Compact the loose foundation soils without uneven lifting of the flexible pavement to provide sufficient support of the pavement surface.
- Continued injection into the soils can lift the pavement system if needed.
- Lifting of the rutting is NOT possible.
- Surface cracks will still need to be sealed by traditional methods to mitigate water infiltration into the system.
- Zero daytime lane closures
- Removal of good pavement and poor foundation soils is not required
- Overlay to correct rutting can be performed immediately following the polymer injection into the soils.
- Extends the life of a new overlay.
- Our hydro-insensitive polymers will push out the water in wet soil conditions while still compacting and densifying the soil