• 20’X10’ section of track was subsiding due to infiltration of fines into 54” Sewer Main that was below the track.
• The track was in need of emergency repair to ensure the subsidence did not cause the track to avert a potential collapse
• Stabilize the base soils using the EL003 polymer, which has a quick cure time to minimize downtime and was hydro insensitive in case there was standing water.
• Inject at -5’, -10’, and -15’ on 5’ intervals to ensure the upper soil strata was stabilized against subsidence and future soil loss
• Worked with the contracting maintenance company Transdev
• Coordinated with Metrolink to minimize any impacts to train operations
• Contracted with CCTV contractor to ensure the sewer main was not compromised or blocked by polyurethane
- Project completed in 2 shifts
- Onsite within 3 days after a site visit
- Pre and post DCP tests confirmed an increase in soil density
- Metrolink was fully satisfied with the professionalism, timely repair, and having no downtime due to the quick cure time of polymer and efficiency of the crew