• Collapsing sands in the basement of the hotel were preventing the excavation of a proposed elevator shaft
• Elevator shaft design was to excavate 8 feet below basement grade which would be 19 feet below parking lot grade
• Only access to the basement was down a staircase which made installing shoring impossible
• Geotechnical engineer recommended grouting sand to prevent collapse
• Eagle Lift proposed permeation grouting using a one-part Deneef SoilPure grout to a depth of 20 feet
• 2 rows of injections were strategically placed on 18” centers. Grouting was performed in 1-foot lifts
• Geocon West, Inc on project design who was the geotechnical EOR on the project
• Walton Construction GC for the project
• Pre-con meeting with GC, Geo, and excavation subcontractor.
• The SoilPure grout permeated the sands as anticipated and successfully “glued” the sands together allowing the excavation crew to safely excavate the elevation pit without collapse.